Thursday, April 22, 2010

Photo of the day...

American Honey
ISO 400 -- 68mm -- f/4.0 -- 1/20 sec

No I don't drink whiskey for breakfast, but I enjoy it from time to time. For this shot I wanted it to look like a magazine ad. So I used a piece of white copy paper for a seamless backdrop. I taped the top against the wall in my kitchen, and the bottom on the table where the shot glass sat. The lighting was merely from the recessed lighting in my kitchen, which provided top and side lighting. Then I picked my framing so I could get the colored shadow in the shot. I had to increase the exposure 2 stops in post even though my metering said I was perfect. This is probably due to shooting into a white background.


1 comment:

  1. WOW! It certainly looks like an add to me! Way to work it! I like it a lot! :) Very sharp and seems to POP off the white background beautifully! Good job!

    ReplyDelete