Sunday, May 9, 2010

Yesterday's accomplishments:
  • Engagement make-up shoot was cancelled and my roommate and his fiancee said they liked the photos that I took anyways.
  • Shot a little bit at a friend's bday party.
Today's accomplishments:
  • Reviewed a couple wedding magazines in preparation for my first wedding shoot (as the primary (and only) shooter).
  • Set up a portrait shoot for Tuesday!
  • Went out on a friend's shoot to see how he conducts business, and wasn't all that impressed.

5 comments:

  1. Good Luck with the wedding! You'll knock 'em dead I'm sure :) Are you going to post some pics when you finish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see wedding pics! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. have fun with the wedding! I'm sure you'll do a fabulous job.

    If I may ask, what made you not impressed with the way your friend conducted business? [i need to make sure i'm not doing the same thing. haha.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well start with this bit of info; My friend claims to have shot 23 weddings last year...

    He didn't ever really pose the couple. He would just tell them to stand or sit in a particular place.

    He had them in terrible lighting situations (direct sunlight or patchy lighting)

    He had the shoot at 1pm.

    He shot 5 to 10 images per "pose" without any changes to the couple or his positioning. I think this was to ensure that he got a decent photo.

    ReplyDelete