Yesterday:
I didn't really accomplish much. I was at the Mac store 3 times. My 6 week old Macbook died; the verdict being that the hard drive crapped out. I also did a bunch of running around to get ready for a 2 week trip (1 week in SoCal and 1 week in Baja California). I did read Fast Track Photographer for about 25 minutes. Oh I did get in a 20 mile bike ride which was awesome!
"The root word of amateur is the same as that of the word "amore," or love. Amateur means someone who does something for the pure love of it. So, when used correctly, the term amateur ought to be equated with a true lover." - Dane Sanders in, Fast Track Photographer.
I am my biggest critic, which isn't always the healthiest. I have equated my skills to that of a "rookie" and an "amateur", but only because I feel that I have much to learn and am not at a content place. I would like to regain the joy and pleasure that Dane Sanders speaks about in his definition of amateur. While being successful (financially and in recognition) would be nice, I definitely wouldn't want to trade my love and passion in for it. I have always said in regards to my career that I'd rather love what I do and get paid minimally than get paid a grip and hate what I do.
"One of the most arduous spiritual tasks is that of giving up control and allowing the Spirit of God to lead our lives." - Henri Nouwen quoted in the Brennan Manning book, Ruthless Trust.
Lord God, Help me to to have a productive day, not merely for myself but for your Kingdom. - Amen
Daily, attributes:
COMFORTER: There are several attributes I have that contribute to this one. Things like: compassion, hospitality, listener. I don't mind being there for people in times of great need, or lowest lows. Sometimes I find that properly timed humor can be just the thing a friend needs to get them through a tough time. I'd like to think that I"m pretty funny.
SARCASTIC: Me, sarcastic, nooooooooo! HA HA. I would have to say that I"m probably the most sarcastic while at work, trying to make light a situation. Like tonight when dealing with a drunk couple on an unfounded domestic who had a mini-Christmas tree still up; I kept telling them "Merry Christmas!" Sarcasm can be a really good tool to point out how ridiculous something is.
HUMBLE: I am the most humble person I know. (See "sarcastic").
Tomorrow's goals:
I have to be at work at 1pm tomorrow, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get done. But I'll definitely make an attempt to get some reading in. Hopefully I'll have my Mac back soon so I can get some editing and online studying done.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment